Peak-Ryzex UK COVID-19 Response - April 2020
To Our Peak-Ryzex Customers,
Since mid-March, when COVID-19 began making a significant world-wide impact, our Peak-Ryzex team has responded by adjusting business processes and operations to serve our customers that qualify as essential critical infrastructure businesses. Our primary goal is, and has always been, to keep our employees, partners and customers safe while we continue providing the critical products and services our customers need to run their daily operations.
Information on COVID-19 is everchanging and varies by region and industry. Our team has been working relentlessly to stay informed, plan for, and address anything that could influence our ability to deliver on our commitment to our customers. With this in mind, we wanted to provide an update on our COVID-19 Statement published in March.
- While there have been no confirmed cases of Peak-Ryzex employees testing positive for COVID-19 to date, as a result of the many challenges with testing across the geographies in which we work, if an employee has reported symptoms that would be consistent with a presumed case, he/she is being asked to self-isolate for 7 days. In keeping with government recommendations, employees who may have been exposed to COVID-19 but are not showing symptoms are being asked to self-isolate for 14 days.
- Most employees continue to work from home, except for a small percentage whose role requires them to be present in one of our facilities, or for those who are delivering services to our customers in the field.
- In areas where local government have started to open up daily life and business, Peak-Ryzex staff will continue with our remote workforce plans. Until, based on the advice of national health experts, we feel confident that the risk of infection has been significantly reduced, we will not bring remote employees back to work in our offices.
- Peak-Ryzex is working with third-party vendors to regularly clean and disinfect our facilities to reduce the risk of virus transmission.
Vendors and trading partners:
- The Peak-Ryzex procurement and supply chain team is in constant communication with our vendors and distributors to monitor any disruptions or delays. Any possible delays are being communicated by your Peak-Ryzex representative. Please work directly with your Peak-Ryzex contact to confirm current lead times.
- Currently, we are seeing the hardware supply chain begin to normalise but some products still have longer lead times than before COVID-19.
For printer supplies, we have been working directly with customers to plan for their labelling needs as we have seen some of our label converting partners have some disruptions in production and ship times continue to be longer and less consistent.
Depot and Managed Service Operations:
- Administrative operational staff, Technical Support and Helpdesk personnel continue to work from home offices; while Logistics Centre staff supporting device staging will continue to work at the facility. Employees who have been exposed or are symptomatic will not be allowed on site. Personnel are required to wash hands frequently and use hand sanitiser, and have access to gloves and masks if they wish (or if this becomes recommended).
- Our device staging area has been reconfigured in order to ensure safe social distancing guidelines are being followed. Workstations are sanitised throughout the day and a deep cleaning is performed regularly.
- We have also implemented the OEM recommended sanitisation standards as we receive and deploy devices following their protocols and others, as applicable.
- We work closely with our device repair partners to identify and mitigate any potential business impacts. Our repair partners have multiple facilities throughout Europe that can provide staging and repair services in the event we need to divert service to other facilities.
We will remain diligent in doing our part to help reduce the transmission of COVID-19 and will continue to adhere to the policies put in place to allow us to respond to customer needs while keeping our employees, our customers, our partners, and our communities safe. To help address any concerns you may have, we have set up a shared mailbox to coordinate inquiries about Coronavirus. If you have any questions about our Coronavirus plan, please send your inquiries to [email protected].
Thank you for your partnership.