Dear Valued Peak-Ryzex Customer,
As part of our continued efforts to ensure the health and well-being of all key stakeholders in our business, Peak-Ryzex leaders are actively monitoring the global Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis and are executing plans to reduce the potential impact of COVID-19 on our organisation. Our priority – now and always – is the health and safety of our employees, customers, supply chain partners, and the communities in which we operate.
Based on the information available, we are asking and expecting that all Peak-Ryzex employees abide by the following common-sense steps to reduce the potential spread of this illness:
- Employees to stay at home if they or any of their immediate household are sick or have symptoms of an illness. Any employee who becomes sick or presents symptoms while at work will be asked to go home immediately and self-isolate for 14 days.
- Before any employee with an illness returns to work, if unable to work from home, they need to report to HR on any flu-like illnesses (for them or their family) as well as any potential exposure they may have had to COVID-19, and be cleared for return.
- If any employee can work from home, they are to do so, unless their role requires them to be present in one of our UK locations.
- No non-essential air / train travel. Until further notice, we are pausing all non-essential domestic and international business travel via train or air.
- Practice great hygiene. Reinforced by NHS information we have posted signage in our offices to remind employees to wash their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid people who are sick.
In Peak-Ryzex offices:
- We have been carrying out basic screening of all office visitors at both UK Peak-Ryzex facilities for the last few weeks.
- Switch to virtual meetings. We are asking that only essential visitors (delivery persons, cleaning and maintenance staff, etc.) be invited to visit our offices. We are asking employees to work with other visitors to transition to Skype conferences.
- Increase stocks of hand sanitising gel, anti-bacterial wipes, tissues, surgical gloves etc at our locations.
- Provide and encourage employee use of antiseptic wipes for frequently touched surfaces such as workstations, doorknobs, keyboards, and desks as well as general use at our locations, backed up with dedicated cleaning staff focusing on high-use areas.
- In the unfortunate event one of our employees working at one of our locations becomes ill with the virus, Peak-Ryzex will engage an outside company to sanitise the facility to reduce the likelihood of the illness spreading throughout the facility to other employees.
Vendors and trading partners:
- The Peak-Ryzex procurement and supply chain team is in constant communication with our vendors and distributors to monitor any disruptions or delays. If any significant delays are expected, we will communicate these with our customers. Peak-Ryzex has multiple sourcing options for most vendor products, including procuring directly from the manufacturer, or through a set of strategic distributors. If one trading partner in our network experiences any setbacks or disruptions due to the crisis, we can enact our business continuity plans and rely on secondary suppliers in most cases.
- One of our largest partners, Zebra Technologies, has issued the following guidance: “We have activated our mitigation plans to ensure a smooth supply chain. However, given these unique circumstances, you may see a slight extension in lead times on some products. You can confirm current lead times directly with your Peak-Ryzex Account Manager. Your account manager has or will reach out to you to develop a plan to help ensure complete visibility on product and supplies delivery targets. We appreciate your patience and will keep you updated as more information becomes available.”
Exchange, Repair and Managed Service Operations:
- Helpdesk and administrative operational staff will work remote from home.
- Several workstations are being reconfigured in our device staging area in order to maximise distance between workers. Workstations will be sanitised daily.
- Technical Support and Helpdesk personnel will work remotely from home.
- Chippenham based staff supporting device staging will continue to work at the facility. Employees who have been exposed or are symptomatic will not be allowed on site. The work areas will be sanitised before and after each shift.
- We will work closely with our device repair partners to identify and mitigate any potential business impacts. Our repair partners have multiple facilities throughout Europe that can provide staging and repair services in the event we need to divert service to other facilities.
- We are also implementing the OEM recommended sanitisation standards as we intake and deploy devices following their protocols and others as applicable.
We believe it is critical to do our part to help reduce the transmission of COVID-19. While the situation is ever-changing, we are committed to taking responsible actions in keeping our employees, our customers, our partners and our communities safe. To allow us to facilitate consistent and effective responses to requests, we have set up a shared mailbox to coordinate inquiries about Coronavirus. If you have any questions about our Coronavirus plan, please send your inquiries to [email protected].